Continue to Develop Pension and Micro & Small Enterprise Markets,
BTPN's Loan Growth and Public Funds above National Banking Average
Jakarta, 26th May 2009. Today, 26th May 2009, PT Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Nasional Tbk (BTPN) has conducted the Annual and Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (A&EGSM).
Among the most important decisions made in the GMS are the approval of the Financial Statements for the Year Ended 31st December 2008 and the decision of no dividend distribution as the manifestation of the shareholders' commitment to sustain business growth and investment in pension business and BTPN Mitra Usaha Rakyat (BTPN MUR), human resources, and information technology. With this decision, the entire net income of 2008 of Rp 378.886 billion would be booked as retained earnings.
In the pension market, BTPN currently serves more than 500,000 pensioners of civil servants and military forces across the country. The Bank will soon launch Pension Health & Wellness Program - a program dedicated to assist the elderly by conducting regular activities in the form of health information, free health clinics, pensioners' community centers, and workshops on business opportunities.
Since the launching in November 2008, 113 branch offices of BTPN - Mitra Usaha Rakyat (MUR) have been serving pensioners across the country, spanning from Aceh in the northern tip of Sumatera to Merauke, in the eastern part of West Papua. "In the last six months, we have recruited over 2,200 new employees and invested over 23,000 training days. We presently employ almost 6,000 people spread across 557 branch offices," said Jerry Ng.
Lending growth during the first quarter of 2009 amounted to 5.6%, well above the average growth of the national banking of 0.6%. Meanwhile, public funds grew 22.2%, far exceeding the average growth of public funds of the national banking industry for the same period, which only reached 1.9%.
Gross NPL ratio declined from 1.11% (as of 31st March 2008) to 0.78% (as of 31st March 2009) bringing NPL ratio of 31st March 2009 to 0.02%.
BTPN in a Glance:
PT Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Nasional Tbk (BTPN) was established in 1958. On 12th March 2008, BTPN was officially listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX).
The recognition gained from external parties on BTPN's performance is reflected by various awards from a number of leading and credible institutions, among others:
- Banking Efficiency Award 2009 for banks with total assets of Rp 10-50 trillion, by Bisnis Indonesia newspaper.
- "Best Performance Banking 2008" for medium private banks - Asian Banking Finance and Informatic (ABFI), by the Banks Association
- "The Best Bank 2008" for commercial banks with total assets of Rp 1 trillion - Rp 25 trillion, by Investor Magazine
- "Golden Trophy Award 2008" for winning the award for eight consecutive times since 2002 with the title "Excellent" for banks with businesses focused on specific segmentation and total capital of Rp 100 billion - Rp 10 trillion, by Infobank Magazine
- "First Rank Infobank Award 2008" for banks with businesses focused on specific segmentation and total capital of Rp 100 billion - Rp 10 trillion, by Infobank Magazine
- "Banking Efficiency Award 2008" for banks with total assets of Rp 10 trillion - Rp 50 trillion, by Bisnis Indonesia
As of the end of March 2009, BTPN recorded total assets of Rp 16.1 trillion or grew 18% compared with 31st March 2008. Total loans amounted to Rp 11 trillion and the public funds reached Rp 13.9 trillion or increased by 31% and 42% respectively, compared to the same position in the previous year, bringing loan to deposit ratio to 79% with capital adequacy ratio of 25.06%. Meanwhile, with the application of the prudential principles, gross NPL ratio decreased to 0.78% as compared to 1.11% of 31st March 2009 and net NPL ratio stood at 0.02% amidst significant growth of lending. As of 31st March 2009, BTPN recorded net interest income of Rp 343.4 billion or a 4.4% increase over the same period in 2008, or increased by 12.1% in the first quarter.