BTPN Launches Pension Health and Wellness Program for Pensioners
Jakarta, 24th June 2009. Running the business by focusing on pension market, PT Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Nasional Tbk must keep enhancing the services dedicated to its pension customers.
The endeavor to enhance services and deliver added value to the customers within this segment has been translated into a recent launching of Pension Health & Wellness Program (Program Pensiun Sehat & Sejahtera - PSS) officiated on 24th June 2009 by Deputy Human Resources of the Ministry of Administrative Reform - Ramli Naibaho and BTPN's President Commissioner - Dorodjatun Kuntjoro -Jakti, and witnessed by Margani M. Mustard - Deputy Governor of Jakarta -Control and Housing, Agus Haryanto - President Director of PT Taspen Persero - and Jerry Ng - BTPN's President Director at BTPN's Gunung Sahari Branch in Jakarta.
"During our service to pensioners in the last 50 years, we understand the importance of pensioners for BTPN, because BTPN will always growth together with them. And we also truly believe that we are faced with the opportunity to change their life with the services we provide for them, that go well beyond banking transactions. We are eager to manifest such commitment into investment and innovation in new programs and services, and one of them is this Pension Health & Wellness Program," said Jerry Ng, Managing Director.
PSS was developed after a set of research that was carried out among pensioners, pensioner families, and pensioner candidates indicated that health and welfare are the most important things for all of them.
"Based on the research findings and our commitment to deliver more valuable services, we decided to introduce PSS because we truly care to build a community of healthy and well pensioners," said Jerry Ng.
PSS consists of five dimensions: physical, intellectual, spiritual, social, and emotional & mental, which are expected to generate better quality of life for the elderly people.
BTPN currently serves more than 500,000 pensioners through a network of 430 offices throughout Indonesia. PSS activities, according to Jerry Ng, will begin by focusing on information and health consultation program, which will be conducted monthly in the form of interactive dialogue, free medical services, and success stories for the pensioners to share motivation and positive values. Moreover, PSS will also provide information regarding new business opportunities to improve welfare.
"The PSS that we are launching today carries a noble goal to improve the health condition and welfare of the pensioners. However, we still have a long journey ahead of us before we can achieve this goal. As such, we need the support from all stakeholders and business partners for PSS to be implemented and executed properly, and for its goal to be achieved," Jerry closed his remark.
BTPN in a Glance:
PT Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Nasional Tbk (BTPN) was established in 1958. On 12th March 2008, BTPN was officially listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX).
The recognition gained from external parties on BTPN's performance is reflected by various awards from a number of leading and credible institutions, among others:
- In June 2009, in a rating of 120 banks held by Infobank, BTPN took the first position with the title "Excellent" for banks with businesses focused on specific segmentation and total capital of Rp 100 billion - Rp 10 trillion.
- Banking Efficiency Award 2009 for banks with total assets of Rp 10-50 trillion, by Bisnis Indonesia newspaper.
- "Best Performance Banking 2008" for medium private banks - Asian Banking Finance and Informatic (ABFI), by the Banks Association
- "The Best Bank 2008" for commercial banks with total assets of Rp 1 trillion - Rp 25 trillion, by Investor Magazine
- "Golden Trophy Award 2008" for winning the award for eight consecutive times since 2002 with the title "Excellent" for banks with businesses focused on specific segmentation and total capital of Rp 100 billion - Rp 10 trillion, by Infobank Magazine
- "First Rank Infobank Award 2008" for banks with businesses focused on specific segmentation and total capital of Rp 100 billion - Rp 10 trillion, by Infobank Magazine
- "Banking Efficiency Award 2008" for banks with total assets of Rp 10 trillion - Rp 50 trillion, by Bisnis Indonesia
As of the end of March 2009, BTPN recorded total assets of Rp 16.1 trillion or grew 18% compared with 31st March 2008. Total loans amounted to Rp 11 trillion and the public funds reached Rp 13.9 trillion or increased by 31% and 42% respectively, compared to the same position in the previous year, bringing loan to deposit ratio to 79% with capital adequacy ratio of 25.06%. Meanwhile, with the application of the prudential principles, gross NPL ratio decreased to 0.78% as compared to 1.11% of 31st March 2009 and net NPL ratio stood at 0.02% amidst significant growth of lending. As of 31st March 2009, BTPN recorded net interest income of Rp 343.4 billion or a 4.4% increase over the same period in 2008, or increased by 12.1% in the first quarter.